Friday, July 31, 2009

Tis the season for Yard Sales

If you don't mind a little bit of clean up afterward, set up a pretend yard sale in your house!

Have kids go through their dressers and toy boxes and pick out a few items for a pretend yard sale. To give them practice with writing numbers, have them create a price tag for each item (Let them come up with their own prices)
Hang up some yard sale signs...equip them with a calculator...and they'll be all set to go.





Here is what I chose to buy from our yard sale.


And this is the price that I was given.


A possible miscalculation, I wondered...??
I decided since it was going to a good cause, I'd go ahead and pay it without making a fuss.


But I must say, at these prices, I don't know that I'll be out yard sale-ing again anytime soon.